1. Downend and Fishponds Chess Club ("the Club") exists to foster the playing of chess in Bristol and its environs and provides facilities where members may meet and play chess, either socially or competitively. The Club is affiliated to the Bristol and District Chess League ("B&DCL").
2. The Club collects personal data for the purpose of:
1. Communicating with players and officials who participate in matches, tournaments and other events of the Club.
2. Communicating with other individuals who have expressed an interest in the Club and its activities;
3. Entering teams in the B&DCL and other chess competitions;
4. Publishing results of chess games and matches on the Club's website.
5. Submitting results of chess games to the B&DCL for inclusion in the national grading list.
3. Personal data collected by the Club may include: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. It may also include chess playing strength as published in ECF grading and FIDE rating lists.
4. In the case of Junior players, contact details will be those of the child's parent, carer or guardian. Other information collected will be the child’s name and age at the start of the current academic year (midnight 31st August).
5. The database is held securely online with password protection and access limited to officers and members of the Club for the purpose of carrying out their particular role.
6. The contents of the database will be reviewed regularly (usually at the start of each season) and where an individual has had no association or contact with the Club within the past two years their entry shall be deleted, except where the data forms part of the Club's historical record; for instance, individual results in internal club competitions, representative matches, Congress and photographs.
10. The lawful basis on which the Club processes personal data is one of Legitimate Interest (as set out in Article 6(1)(f) of the GPDR) whereby "processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.".
11. The GDPR.contains certain terms which have been interpreted as follows:
1. "Data controller" is Downend and Fishponds Chess Club.
2. "Data processor" is Downend and Fishponds Chess Club.
3. "Data subjects" are players, officials and other individuals who participate or have indicated an interest in Downend and Fishponds Chess Club and its events.
1. The right to be informed
2. The right to rectification
3. The right to restrict processing
4. The right to object
5. The right of access
6. The right of erasure (to be forgotten)
7. The right to data portability
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making
13. You can ask for your data to be removed from the database at any time.
14. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information, and have it corrected or deleted in some circumstances. To do this you should send a request to the Club Secretary.
15. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us through the Club Secretary to have the matter investigated.
16. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)